Consign RV for Rent
MAKE MONEY THIS SEASON WITH YOUR RV
FAMILY RV OWNER'S RENTAL FLEET PROGRAM
NOW CONSIDERING LATE MODEL CLASS A DIESEL, GAS AND CLASS C MOTOR HOMES. CALL TO SEE IF WE ARE ACCEPTING RENTAL CONSIGNMENTS.
Family RV Owner's Rental Fleet Program is the most successful private motorhome rental program. Whether you currently own an RV or you're planning to buy one, you can derive substantial income from your RV.
Our rental program is tightly managed and dedicated to maintaining all rental units in impeccable condition, inside and out.
What are the benefits of Family RV’s Rental Fleet Program?
Whether the costs of ownership have become burdensome, you simply don't use your motorhome enough to justify owning it, or you have upgraded your coach but haven yet sold your previous RV, Family RV's fleet program may be the answer you've been searching for.
Active units enrolled in our rental fleet program generally receive 24-26 weeks of rentals, generating enough revenue to offset, or in many cases to completely cover the costs of ownership
In addition to earning income and offsetting the costs of RV ownership, you may qualify for substantial tax benefits including:
• Depreciation - Most of our owners use a 5 year depreciation schedule for income tax purposes. You can take 52% during the first 2 years alone.
• Expenses - You'll be able to deduct insurance premiums, maintenance costs, any upgrades you might want on your motor home, plus a vacation each year. These now all become business expenses.
• Section 179 Deduction - Each year the government allows a capital investment purchase that can use an accelerated depreciation schedule for that investment. In 2010, the allowance was $35,000. (For more information, see Publication 946 from the Internal Revenue Service IRS)
We do recommend that you consult with your own tax advisor who can explain how to properly set things up to give you the maximum benefit.
Can I use my RV whenever I want?
Family RV fleet program is 100% opt in. There are no annual contracts and there are NO LIMITATIONS OR RESTRICTIONS on owner use.
I would still prefer to sell my RV. Can you help?
The answer is YES! A very good percentage of our customers are folks who are in the market and looking to purchase a motorhome, however they want to "test the waters" and rent an RV before making such a large investment. On select rental units that we have listed for sale, we've developed an incentive program where we offer potential buyers the opportunity to rent an RV and apply their rental costs to the purchase of that specific motorhome. It's like giving potential buyers an extended test drive and a chance to "fall in love" with the RVing lifestyle and more often than one would think, the very same RV they first experienced RVing. And, regardless of the outcome you win. Either you've sold the motorhome, or you've earned revenue while out on rental.
What do I have to do to enroll?
Enrollment in Family RV fleet program is surprisingly easy! Owners just supply the RV and we take care of the rest. We have the clientele, the experience and the most stringent screening process in the industry. Family RV will manage the unit, collect the rental fees & deposits and generate an itemized statement & commission check each month.
To find out more detailed program information, and to find out how much your motorhome can be earning for you, simply fill out the following form:
Find out if your RV qualifies
Family RV Inc.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT LEASING OUT YOUR RV
How do I know my coach won’t get "trashed"?
- This is the single biggest concern of RV owners. The long and the short of it is the renter is responsible for just about everything. The only exceptions are the normal wear and maintenance items (tires generator service etc…).
- Each renter is screened extensively. We obtain and verify addresses, employment, phone numbers, fax numbers, driver’s license information, auto insurance binders and any other information that seems pertinent to background each renter.
- Every approved renter is given instructions on the RV and must sign an itemized orientation and safety checklist before the rental goes out. This keeps them from coming back later and saying the reason something broke or got damaged because we didn't tell them how to operate it.
- In addition, each renter is required to read and sign a copy of our Policies & Procedures. The terms and conditions were written to protect the coaches, our owners and Family RV should any problems should arise. They clearly spell out what the renter’s responsibilities are and define any penalties which are assessed should they not adhere to them.
- Every coach is immaculately cleaned, full of fuel and water and thoroughly inspected before it leaves. We take photographs and do a complete check-out just before it goes out, so there is no question of its condition. The renter signs that the rental unit is in good condition and agrees to return it in the same condition, full of fuel and clean. If they don't, we clean it and/or fuel it and charge the renter.
- On the Vehicle Check-Out form and our contract, it clearly states that we have up to 10 business days to inspect the unit before refunding the renters deposit. None of these things are of any use if we can't collect from the renter if damage occurs. To make certain we will be able to collect, each renter must pay for the rental in advance plus leave us a $1000 (minimum) security deposit. The renter must also sign a blank credit card ticket authorizing us to charge ANY balance or additional damages their credit card. With this credit card authorization, the customer cannot successfully dispute charges to their credit card company.
What if I want to use my coach?
- Anytime! When you know you want to use the coach, contact us and we'll reserve it for you as though you were any other renter. If it’s booked we’ll let you know and give you the option to keep the rental or move the booking to another unit (whenever possible and available).
- When you pick up your coach, it will be perfectly clean, full of fuel, water and propane. We'll start the refrigerator and water heater for you and check all the appliances, generator, etc. All we ask is that you return it in the same condition - full of fuel, propane and cleaned with all holding tanks emptied so that it's ready to go out on the next rental.
How do I know my coach will be properly maintained?
In most cases, our maintenance procedures are far stricter than even the manufacturers. When a coach enters our fleet, we fill out a vehicle information screen in our computer. One of the questions it asks is how often to perform maintenance on this vehicle. We also are required to enter the mileage when we receive the coach and the computer keeps track of how many miles are put on it. Each time a renter picks up the unit, we record the actual mileage and the generator hours. When they return, we again record the mileage and generator hours. When the service reminder triggers, the computer automatically tells us it's time and our fleet manager schedules for an oil service, checks fluids, tires and all on board systems.
Are people allowed to smoke in my coach?
NO! WE HAVE A ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY FOR SMOKING in our coaches. Every coach is tested for smoking before and after every rental. If any evidence is found, the renter is charged a $1000 cleaning and deodorizing fee (no exceptions) plus must pay for any damage caused by smoking. We know this seems excessive; however it's is purposely that high to deter even the most stubborn renter. If a coach reeks of smoke it would be much more difficult, if not impossible to rent.
Who is allowed to drive my coach?
ONLY the renter and persons designated at the time the reservation is taken. Each designated driver must be at least 25 years of age and will be required to give their full name, address, social security # and a valid driver's license with expiration date. The renter understands that they're the responsible party and will be charged for any damage or repairs due to negligence caused by them or any designated additional drivers.
58 Reviews from everyone and 1 score without a review