Calculate the Cost of Renting a Motor Home
- Start by calculating how many miles you are going to travel, then subtract the free miles per day (if any) for your trip and times this by the rate per mile.
- Add the "Prep Fee" of $155.00 for Class "C", Travel Trailer $155.00, Fifth Wheel $200.00, Class A non diesel or $235.00 for Class A diesel - add the sales tax 8.75 %
Here's An Example: One week leaving on Friday returning the next Friday
7 Days @ 100.00 per day = $ 700.00 (Class C Rental)
Let's say you will be going 1000 miles and Family RV is giving you 100 miles free per day and the mileage charge is $.34 per mile after free miles.
1000 miles less 700 free = 300 miles @.39 = $117.00
* One time charges: Preparation Fee
$ 155.00/$200.00/$235.00 (includes chemicals for toilet, sanitation, propane, dumping of tanks on return and complete check out and in / with complete instruction on how to use the vehicle.
Total for this Class C Example:
- Daily costs = $ 700.00
- Mileage costs = $ 117.00
- Prep costs = $ 155.00
- plus sales tax
Add $1000 for Class C or Travel Trailer or $1,500.00 for Class A or $2,000 for Class A Diesel for security deposit.
(This will be refunded within 7 business days if there are no damages, additional mileage or days, cleaning, or damage to the unit. )
- Pick up time is normally between 2:00pm - 4:00pm on the day of departure.
- Return time is normally between 8:30 am - 11:00 am on the day of return.
Need help with renting or buying?Would you like some help from our friendly, helpful team?
Send us a little information and we'll get someone to work with you one-on-one every step of the way: