Thank you for choosing Family RV for your RV Rental needs.
Renter must be 27 years old or older and have a major credit card, valid driver's license, and full coverage insurance in his/her name. Please read the following Policies and Conditions carefully. It forms any rental agreement you make with Family RV. Please print this page out, read all Policies, sign it and bring it in to the Rental Agent when picking up your rental. After you've read it you'll find a link to our Online Reservation Form. The link appears immediately following the Policies and Conditions. Rental prices, Policies and Conditions are subject to change without notice.
1. Rental Payment: If reservation is made within 30 days of departure date, the total rental payment is due at time of reservation. If the reservation is made outside of 30 days, a reservation down payment of $1000.00 will be due for Class C, and travel trailers. $1500.00 will be due for Class A gas models and $2000.00 for Class A Diesel models. Down payments and rental amounts paid are non-refundable for rental dates booked from 8/24 - 9/10. The balance of the rental is due 30 days prior to the departure date unless rental dates are 8/24 - 9/10 then the balance is due 60 days prior to the pick-up date. If paying by check, check must be received 4 weeks prior to departure date, returned checks by the bank are subject to fees in addition to amount of check.
1a. Labor Day/Burning Man Rentals: If renter purchases Family RV's primary insurance if available $29.95-$49.95/day on the vehicle during the rental period 8/24 - 9/10, there will be a $5,000 security deposit for Class A, B & C Motor homes. There is a $3,000 security deposit for Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Toy Haulers if Family RV's primary insurance ($19.95 per day) was purchased.
2. Cancellation Fee: All cancellations need to be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. If the rental is canceled from the time the reservation is made, or up until 30 days prior to departure date, renter forfeits 50% of the down payment. If the rental is canceled within 30 days of the departure date, is a no show, or does not pick-up the rental within the pick-up times allowed, there will be no refund. Cancellation insurance is available at a cost of $200.00 per contract and must be purchased at time of the initial reservation. The cancellation insurance allows you to cancel up to 72 hours before departure and only forfeit the $200.00 on original scheduled dates, cannot be used towards rescheduled dates. Cancellation insurance is not available for rentals booked from 8/24 – 9/10. If the cancelation is made within 72 hours of the departure date, there will be no refund. If renter cancels because their insurance company will not cover the Motorhome, cancellation fees still apply.
3. Rental Floor Plans: Reservations are made by floor plan only, not by year, make, unit number, or color. Family RV reserves the right to substitute vehicles of similar, older, newer, smaller, or larger grade. Should a smaller floor plan be offered, liability will be limited to refund of price differential between model paid for and model taken.
4. Contract Changes: One change is allowed per rental contract at no charge, if the change is done no less than 7 days before the pick-up date. Change would consist of a date or vehicle change. No refunds will be given on days that were originally booked, then shortened. Prevailing rental rates will apply to all rescheduled dates. Rescheduled rental dates must be within the same calendar year. No cancelations will be allowed on rescheduled dates, if renter cancels rescheduled dates, renter will forfeit all rental payments. The renter’s name or credit card info cannot be changed to another persons name or info on an already booked reservation. To change a name, the booking must be canceled and rebooked. (Cancellation fees apply) No date changes, name changes or unit changes are allowed on rentals with rental dates of 8/24- 9/10.
5. Delivery / pick-up costs: If you are renting an RV for 30 days or longer or for a business event, and would like Family RV to deliver and pick-up your rental vehicle to you, please let the rental agent know. The delivery fee is $85hr with a 2hr minimum and is calculated from the driver’s departure from Family RV to the subsequent return to Family RV. Traffic, on road accidents, or bad weather can delay driver and renter is still responsible for the driver’s time. Renter must provide a detailed and legible map with full directions before departure date. Delivery site must be free of shrubs, debris, and the delivery site must be wide enough to allow maneuverability for the driver. There is a $30.00 tear down fee if the unit is being picked up and the hoses, cords, and awning are not put away.
6. Preparation Fee: Prep fee includes a complete walk-through and instruction of the RV, showing of instructional video, a full tank of propane, sanitation chemicals, and the emptying of all holding tanks upon return. Prep fees are as follows: Class C $155.00, Class A Gas $235.00, Class A Diesel $235.00, and Trailers $155.00.
7. RV Rental Pick-Up & Return Times: Your RV rental pick-up times are between 2pm - 4pm (Monday – Saturday) based on vehicle readiness. Please call at 1pm on your pick-up day to get your approximate pick-up time. If you show up without calling first your vehicle may not be ready and there may be a wait. The check out and check in process can take up to 2 hours each - please allow yourself enough time. If you would like to leave a personal vehicle on out lot while you are on your trip, you can do so for $10.00 per day per vehicle per contract (Limit one vehicle per contract). Family RV will not be responsible for any damages to the renter’s vehicle or personal belongings left by the renter. Early pick-up times may be pre-arranged 2 days before pick-up date (subject to vehicle readiness) as follows:
8. Travel Areas: Travel is not recommended in the summer months (July & August) in the desert areas (i.e. Death Valley) due to overheating, which may cause tire damage, engine failure and other problems. If a problem occurs you will be responsible to pay for any damage caused and any loss of revenue while the vehicle is being repaired. If you are traveling to an elevation of 2500 feet or more you may encounter troubles with the operation of the generator. If this occurs we suggest you hook up to 110 volts to operate the 110 volt appliances. If the generator malfunctions due to elevation please do not use or try to adjust the generator. No compensation will be made for generator malfunction. During the winter months we do not recommend that you travel to or through snow areas, use snow chains, or travel where the weather is below freezing. Tire chains can damage tires if not properly installed and the holding tanks may freeze and burst, the renter will be responsible to pay for any damages caused and any loss of revenue until the rental vehicle can be rented again. All rental vehicles are not allowed directly on any beach/sand areas as doing so can cause damage to the rental vehicle and for the rental vehicle to become stuck in the sand/beach. All damages/towing/cleaning fees or other fees from the rental vehicle being parked or taken on a beach/sand areas will be billed to the renter.
9. On Road Concerns: If you experience mechanical problems or have equipment operation questions you should contact Family RV during business hours by calling 408.612.4700. Please be sure to bring a cell phone on your trip. No reimbursement for out of pocket expenses will be paid to renter unless prior authorization has been given by a manager from Family RV and receipts of repairs are given to Family RV on return. If renter is at fault for any damage, or mechanical failure, renter will be responsible for all rental, repairs, and any loss of future rental income. Renter is responsible for checking the engine oil, fluids, and coolant levels at each refueling. Renter may be held responsible for mechanical damage due to negligence in vehicle operation or failure to provide normal maintenance. Renter is responsible to change the engine oil for every 5,000 miles that they travel. Renter must provide Family RV with the oil change receipts upon their return if they traveled 5,000 miles are more, if renter did not have the engine oil changed, the renter will be charged accordingly to have the oil change done on the vehicle. If the stove, oven, bathroom, refrigerator, freezer, or heater malfunction and were not useable and it was not caused by the renter, you may be reimbursed up to $5.00 per day at the Managers discretion. Please note: Although these vehicles are maintained regularly, the Motor home is like a house in an earthquake so we recommend that you bring a tool kit with a 12 volt test light, tape, fuses, cell phone, and a cooler. Having these items with you can ensure a safe and trouble-free trip.
10. Smoking and Pet Policy: There is No Smoking in any of the motor homes. If the Motor home returns with a smoke odor, renter will be charged additional fees to remove the smoke odor from the Motor home. Costs will vary with a minimum of $500.00 and up. You must inform the rental agent that you will be bringing along a pet, there is a pet cleaning of $150.00 per pet that will be added to your rental. If the cleaning for your pet(s) exceeds 3 hours you will be billed at $50hr. Any damages caused from your pets will be deducted from your security deposit.
11. Renter Damage/ Additional Drivers: If the RV is returned with damage while the RV was in possession of the renter, renter is responsible to pay all damage costs whether the renter was at fault or not or if damage was caused by acts of nature (Wind, rain, earthquake, fire, flood, etc). If an accident occurs, renter is responsible for obtaining a police report, contacting the renter's insurance company and contacting a rental agent at Family RV immediately at 408.612.4700. Renter(s) who's names appear on contract are the only authorized drivers to drive the Motor home. Additional drivers must be listed as insured drivers on the primary renter's auto insurance policy and must be present on the rental pick-up day. . The renter (Name on contract) is responsible for all rental costs and any and all damages. Renters with an insurance endorsement will need to go through their insurance company for reimbursement. If damage amounts are substantial and a claim must be submitted, and renter is responsible for any and all damages, loss of revenue, or additional expenses not covered by insurance. Check in time may take up 2 hours for damage estimating, please allow yourself enough time. Family RV will estimate the damage and expedite the repairs.
12. Insurance for Motor homes: Renter must contact their auto insurance company and have them fax a certificate of insurance to Family RV showing that the rental vehicle is fully insured. The insurance certificate must be acceptable to Family RV and be received by Family RV no later than one week prior to the pick-up date. Deductibles, coverage's, rental vehicle info must be listed on the form, and Family RV listed as the Lien Holder. If rental cannot get a insurance binder, renter must contact the rental agent. Family RV's insurance if available is $29.95-$49.95 per day. Deductibles with the insurance are $2500.00 (class C), $2500.00 (class A gas), and $2500.00 (class A diesel) per occurrence. Family RV's insurance costs may vary during seasons. To purchase Family RV's insurance renter must be 27 years of age or older and have a valid drivers license ** See #25 for coverage description. It is the renter's responsibility to contact their insurance company for a binder and to give the insurance company the information on the vehicle they are renting. The vehicle information must be on the form as the insured vehicle that the agent faxes over. Renter must call Family RV before their departure to acknowledge receipt of the binder. The renter cannot leave with the rental vehicle unless the insurance binder has been received and is acceptable to Family RV.
13. Appliances: The A/C, TV/AV equipment, Generator, Awning, Cruise Control, Radio, Microwave etc. are convenience items. If any malfunctions should occur with any of these items, no compensation will be made to the renter. If any concerns, please call the Coach Net number given to you at your check out.
14. Tires: Tires are the responsibility of the renter once the rental vehicle leaves Family RV's lot. Renter can purchase tire protection plan prior to leaving with the rental vehicle, please contact rental agent for more information. Renter should not change the tire him/herself, renter should have a qualified service company change the tire.
15. Dry Camping is not advised: When the renter is "Dry Camping" (not connected to an external power source), problems will most likely arise due to a low battery or failure. It may help to start your engine and let it run for a minimum of 15 to 20 minutes several times a day or until the battery is charged. The battery will continue to become low until renter is connected to a external power source. Family RV is not responsible for the battery being low or any appliance or vehicle malfunctions of the vehicle due to dry camping, NO reimbursements will be given for "Dry Camping Malfunctions".
16. Early Returns / Extending Rental Dates: Renter is responsible for looking over the rental contract to ensure that all rentals costs and rental dates are correct before they leave on their rental. If renter wishes to extend their rental dates, renter must call Family RV at 408-612-4700 for approval. There are NO refunds for early returns. If renter does not return on their scheduled return date and has not called Family RV for approval to extend, renter will be charged additional rental day (s), inconvenience fees, or loss of revenue whichever is greater.
17. Parking/Traffic Violations: Renter is responsible for reporting and payment of all parking/traffic violations at rental return. Non- reporting of parking/traffic violations breaches the Rental Contract and may result in an administrative charge of up to $100 in addition to the fines.
18. Late Pick-Ups: No refunds will be given for late pick-ups (after 4pm), no shows, or early returns.
19. Generator: Renter will receive 2 hours free per day of generator usage, and $3.00 per hour thereafter. No refunds will be given on unused generator hours.
20. Security Deposit: The security deposit is refunded (if returned with no damage, clean in/out, full of gas, no amounts owing) 7 business days after return of vehicle if paid by credit card or cash, 21 days from return if paid by check. (Renter understands that by submitting an online reservation form that he/she has read and agrees to all Family RV's policies and conditions and authorizes Family RV to check his/her credit, employment history, and to ask questions about his/her credit experience.)
21. Responsibility of Damage and Loss: Renter is responsible for the following:
22. Fuel: All of the RV fuel tanks are full before departure (unless otherwise noted) and is to be returned in the same condition. A refueling fee of $5.50 per gallon will be billed for Class C gas and Class A units and $6.50 per gallon for Class C diesel or Class A diesel units if not returned full. No warranties are made regarding the fuel tank capacity or fuel mileage. We assume no liability for fuel consumption rates. All gasoline, diesel, or refueling during the trip is at renters expense.
23. Check out of rented RV: Renter will be given a walk-through of their rented RV on their pick-up day. It is the renters responsibility to ensure that they understand all functions of the RV before departing, and to mark down all pre-existing damages on the check out sheet. If renter has any questions or concerns with the rental unit prior to departing Family RV’s lot, renter must inform the rental department so that the concerns or questions can be addressed before departure.
Coverage: Family RV primary insurance provides coverage to the rented vehicles where the renter has purchased the primary coverage through Family RV. The primary insurance coverage purchased extends to the rented vehicle, providing renter is in compliance with all of the terms and conditions of the rental contract.
Family RV’s Motor home Primary Insurance insures the rented motor home for comprehensive, collision, and liability with state statutory limits of liability 15/30/5 less the deductible. Renter must have been involved in an accident with another vehicle and obtain a police report in order to submit a claim. Exclusions of coverage’s are noted on the rental contract.